From: Chef Olga Sorzano
* 2 cups plain yogurt
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped berries
* 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
* 1 egg white
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/4 cup water
* Serve with Raspberry Coulis (see below)
* In the large bowl mix yogurt and sugar. Fold in chopped berries.
* In a small pan add 1/4 cup water and sprinkle on the 2 teaspoons of gelatin. Let stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Gently heat the gelatin on the stove until it just melted. DO NOT BRING TO BOIL!
* In another bowl Whip the egg white until it is foamy then add sugar. Whisk until it form soft peaks.
* Stir the gelatin mixture in to the yogurt. Fold in the egg whites.
* Divide among six to eight 4-ounce ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
Hints & Tips:
* To remove the panna cotta from the ramekin: Dip it three-quarters of the way in warm water then invert onto the serving plate.
* Garnish each panna cotta with fresh berries and serve with raspberry coulis.
Fresh Raspberry Coulis:
* 1 pint fresh raspberries
* In a food processor puree raspberries. Strain puree through sieve using a rubber spatula discard seeds.
For more information please visit Chef Olga’s website lostgourmet.com
Be Fit, Be Healthy, Be Happy!