Lunges with Twists work your legs and core
Lunges with twists are a great way to challenge your balance & coordination while strengthening your core and toning your legs. Be sure you can perform standard lunges with proper exercise form before adding the twist. Remember to keep your abdominals contracted and exhale on the up. Aim for 2 to 3 sets of 10 reps of the lunges with twists in your next workout.
– Stand in a neutral lunge position with left foot forward, knees soft, abdominals tight & chest lifted, raise right heel so you are balanced on your toes, hold a medicine ball or light weight against your chest
– Bend both knees to lower body down as far as possible while rotating upper body toward the left
– Quickly extend both knees & rotate torso back to center to return to starting position
– Continue until all reps are complete
– Switch sides & complete same number of reps
Click Here for more information.
Be Fit, Be Healthy, Be Happy!