Fitness success this year, we are more than half way through January, the holidays are over, the decorations have been put away for another year and we are back in the swing of our everyday activities … SO how are you doing keeping up with your New Year’s Resolutions? I find that as life gets back to normal it becomes more difficult to keep up with our fitness goals. Here are 2 simple keys to help you achieve your fitness success this year. It is all about making time to fit in fitness and staying motivated!
One of the easiest ways to stay on track is to focus on Fitting in Fitness. The American Heart Association recommends that we exercise for 30 minutes, 5 or 6 days per week. That sounds like a lot, but if you work to “Fit It In” you will find it is easier than you think. Start by scheduling your exercise sessions in your day planner. If you are new to exercise, aim for 2 to 3 days per week of resistance training, and if you are not sure where to start, go to GetinShapeforFREE.net. Next, find a partner and go for a brisk walk on your lunch break. Finally, on those days when you are really crunched for time, split up your exercise session in smaller blocks, 5 to 10 minutes long. With just a little planning you will be able to “FIT IN FITNESS” and be on your way to a healthier you!
The second key to your fitness success is to stay motivated. Below are my top 5 ways to stay motivated, pick 1 or 2 and give them a try this week.
1. Place your fitness goal, picture or motivational saying where you will see it everyday and have a couple of minutes to focus on it in the morning and in the evening. Your bathroom mirror, refrigerator or computer screen work well.
2. Change up your cardio routine. If you usually get on the treadmill go for the bike or elliptical trainer.
3. Make a new healthy recipe for dinner. Remember it is always a good idea to prepare more because left over’s make great healthy lunches.
4. Take a new class, do a new DVD or participate in a new activity such as; Yoga, Kick Boxing or Zumba.
5. Reward yourself at the end of the week for a job well done. Pick your reward at the beginning of the week so you will have something to look forward to.
While a lot of people who make New Year’s Resolutions do break them, by making time to fit in fitness and focusing on staying motivated you will be on your way to fitness success this New Year!
Be Fit! Be Healthy! Be Happy!